sábado, 6 de setembro de 2014

INFELICITY TRUNK

  

   An armadillo woke with the sound of his doorbell. The armadillo opened the window and saw a smiling pig in front of his gate. The pig showed him a trunk and said:
   -Come to choose a wish for you, my friend.
   The armadillo answered that he wanted nothing and closed the window. One second after, he heard some knocks on his door and the voice of the pig again:
    -Into my trunk there is anything that you wish, my friend, by a promotional price.
    The armadillo run to his bedroom, closed its doors and came back to bed. The pig appeared from under the bed with his trunk opened and said:
    -I will parcel your first wish in ten installments, my friend.
    The armadillo covered his head and screamed:
    -I wish only to wake from this stupid dream!
    And then the armadillo woke with the sound of his doorbell, opened the window and saw the smiling pig in front of his gate. And the pig said:
     -I came to receive the first installment of your first wish.
   (Osmar Batista Leal)  

         
   "Baú da infelicidade" , versão em português desta fábula, encontra-se no livro A PERSEVERANÇA DO TATU,  à venda no CLUBE DE AUTORES ou com o autor.
     

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário